October 28, 2020
PASTORAL CALL PROCESS UPDATE: We are excited to announce that the Bishop’s office has presented us with a pastoral candidate for our consideration. Unfortunately, we cannot say anything more about this candidate at this time. We will continue to update you as we move through the process. Please continue to keep the call committee in your prayers as we continue our work. Please do not hesitate to be in touch with the Call Committee if you have thoughts or questions about the process or want to give your input to us. You can contact Kathy Wagner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 908-751-5212.
POST ELECTION PRAYER SERVICE: Living Waters has created two venues at which we can share our longings and hopes following our election cycle. Log in to our prayer meeting at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 4th. We will use this time to share concerns and pray for our nation, community and elected leaders. A similar time is planned as part of our Sunday Night Live event on November 8 at 7:00 PM. To join these prayer services go to: //us02web.zoom.us/j/9088928299
- LUNCHES needed for Friday, October 30 for St. Barts. Are you willing to make lunches and drop them off at church? Contact Cindy Cooper at email@example.com for details.
- ADVOCACY OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE NOW Connected to our service theme of Housing/Affordable housing for all, when the moratorium on evictions and foreclosures is over, many will face a crisis of losing their home. There is a proposed solution called The People’s bill (A4034/S2340). It provides six months to pay back each month’s owed rent, up to 30 months total to make repayment. For homeowners, it tacks on missed mortgage payments to the end of the mortgage term. The bill has passed the State Assembly, but stalled in the Senate. To move forward, Senate President Sweeney needs to post the bill. To advocate, call his office at (856) 251-9801 or email SenSweeney@njleg.org and ask him to get the bill posted for a vote as soon as possible.
ADVENT STAIN GLASS MURAL: This year we are sending home a piece of our Advent Mural for you to color and we will display the completed artwork on our glass wall. Please print out the pages (see pdf attachment), color as many as you like, and return them to the church: drop them off, mail them, or scan and email them. You will see them displayed during our video worship service. Let Chris or Cindy know if you need options to printing at home.
ADVENT WREATH VIDEOS WANTED: The worship team thought it would be nice to include our members lighting their Advent wreaths at home in our video worship during Advent. If you are able to get your Advent wreath, or whatever tradition you use, out of storage early and record lighting it, please let Chris Kosmac know as soon as possible. We will need to coordinate a different family for each of the 4 weeks beginning on November 29. Creativity is welcome, so if you have a special tradition you would be willing to share, please let me know.
SYNOD YOUTH RETREAT 2020: The Synod Youth Retreat Leadership Team has been busy meeting and planning an AWESOME retreat for our youth! Anyone in grades 6-12 are welcome to join us for our virtual retreat, which will happen online due to COVID-19. Check out our new flyer, and some updates at the bottom of the email.
COUNCIL POSITIONS: Attention high-school age youth! Living Waters has a spot available for a high school-aged youth to serve on Council in 2021! As we have become more intentional about helping our youth grow, we want your thoughts and guidance on how the church can best serve you. A great way to do this is by serving on Council. Not only does this help Living Waters be more inclusive by having youth voices at the table, but it also looks great on college applications...take it from me (Craig Weinrich), because I served as a youth member at my church when I was in high school! If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 609-577-6273. Certainly discuss this idea with your parent/s or guardians. Please let Craig know by October 31, if you are interested.
25 YEARS! Did you know that this November will mark the 25th anniversary of our first worship service as Living Waters? We are forming a team to brainstorm ideas on how to celebrate this milestone. We've already asked Bishop Bartholomew to join us at our virtual worship, November 15. If you are interested in helping plan some sort of celebration, please let Craig know (email@example.com).
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT: The Building Team will keep everyone updated on the construction through the LWLC weekly news brief as we continue to build "A Living Hope for All". Thank you to all for your participation and support. Pictures: > //drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OdVnRfl013zfe0o5mzMXSJVSwPEMEIsP?usp=sharing
There are no significant project photo updates this week except watching the grass grow as we were waiting for Raritan Twp inspections to be completed. As of this week the township has passed the Framing, Electrical, & Fire code inspections. This allows us to continue with insulation and dry wall installation and respective inspections; followed by floor coverings; ceiling; installation 2' X 4' ceiling lighting which has been on back order; completion of new Food Prep area, renovation of existing Kitchenette Alcove area for an under the counter dish washer; installation of interior doors, final trim and final inspections..
- The Welsh family celebrating the marriage of Bryan and Rebecca on Nov. 1.
- The Lavoie family grieving the death of Stacey's aunt Betty Johnson.
- Teresa Riccardi, having surgery and Mary's safe travel to TN. (Mary's daughter)
- Lisa Barker, that she and her family and medical staff feel guidance and comfort, as she has breast cancer and a lumpectomy scheduled for 10/28 and then radiation when appropriate. Friend of Christine Peterson.
- Cecelia Albrecht for continued health issue and rejoicing that she was able to be discharged and is home.
- Paul Telenson recovering at home from ankle surgery last week to repair a torn tendon,
- Diane Orehosky going through chemo treatments for Lymphoma (Linda Laube's friend),
- Izzie and her mother; friends dealing with unknown debilitating health issues. Guide them and their medical team to find solutions, care and relief of pain. (Christine Peterson)
- Dave Wirth, his wife, family and doctors; as they deal with a recurrence of cancer. May he and they gather strength physically and spiritually. (former members at Good Shepherd, Somerville),
- Kallan, spiritual guidance (C. Kosmac niece),
- Ted Weisenbach, friend of Sue S. who is home recovering from a stroke, doing well,
- Dick Thorpe, former charter member, rehab with serious health condition,
- Bill Reiter, Winnie Fatton’s brother-in-law who has cancer, and her sister, Mary Ann Reiter, Bill’s caregiver,
- Phyllis Gardner and her daughter. Phyllis lost both her husband and her son in separate tragic deaths. Friends of the Fattons,
- Brand Kahler Jr., Shannen's dad,
- Pastor Bruce's sister, Betty Fink, she is in isolation in a memory care facility in Pennsylvania.
- Please email officeLWLC@yahoo.com if you would like someone added to the prayer list.
COMING EVENTS: Calendar - detailed calendar format
SHOUT OUTS: This week’s Shout Out goes out to all the folks that made outdoor worship possible. Thanks to Tom & Maggie, Pat, Mary, Paul, Wendy, Eric, Terry, Jaymie, Craig and Pastor Scott. See you all in the spring !
Don’t forget about our food collection bin outside the church. Summers are tough months for food pantries. You can drop it outside the church any day that works for you.
If YOU have a Shout Out that needs to be publicized….reply to this email and let us know. Thanks
PRAYER CHAIN: If someone has an urgent prayer concern, they can ask that their prayer be sent out on the Prayer-Chain. If you would like to be part of the Prayer-Chain group, please email officeLWLC@yahoo.com or let Cindy Cooper know as Congregational Care team leader.
ON-LINE GIVING: Living Waters Provides Various Giving Options; Online, Check & Plate: In these current times we would like to let you know about a free mobile secure app provided by our Simply Giving partner Vanco GivePlus (Give+). The app provides for various options of giving (e.g. recurring, one time, via a credit card, from your bank account ...) and would encourage you to explore them by clicking the link below. If you have any questions about electronic giving options at Living Waters please go to our website at //www.lwlc-flemington.org/give-online or contact Tom Kull at (609-213-2729 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
CHARITABLE SHOPPING: If you do any of your online shopping at Amazon.com, DON'T! Instead, shop at smile.amazon.com, and designate Living Waters Lutheran Church, or another favorite charity (you can only designate one charity per account). Amazon will donate a small portion of your purchase towards Living Waters anytime you start your shopping at smile.amazon.com. Thank you for supporting Living Waters Lutheran Church by shopping at smile.amazon.com. It's a simple and easy way to support Living Waters, while taking care of your shopping needs. Any questions? Please ask Craig Weinrich.
THRIVENT: Anyone attending Living Waters can become a Thrivent benefit member or Thrivent associate member. One can become a Thrivent benefit member by purchasing a Thrivent product (life insurance, annuity, etc.) or become a Thrivent associate member by paying $19.95 annual dues (associate membership from can be found on the Thrivent website www.Thrivent.com or you can call our local Thrivent representative, Scott Curtis, at 1- 888-399-5611. A Thrivent benefit member is eligible for two $250 Thrivent Action Team grants annually. A Thrivent associate member is eligible for a $250 Thrivent Action grant each year (for your investment of $19.95 Thrivent provides $250 for a Living Waters Service project)
PRAYER REQUESTS: To update or add a prayer to our Sunday bulletin, please email your request to Chris Kosmac at: email@example.com
COMMUNITY PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS
NAMI HUNTERDON: NAMI HUNTERDON & SSCC Virtual Support group meeting this Thursday, Oct. 22, from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. Please join our meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. //www.gotomeet.me/SupportiveSpace/nami_hunterdon_county
You can also dial in using your phone. United States: +1 (224) 501-3412 Access Code: 366-721-805 Larry Cartwright NAMI Hunterdon 908*339*1424 (C)
FLEMINGTON AREA FOOD PANTRY: Flemington Area Food Pantry current needs: bars of soap, toilet paper, cereal, and pasta. If you are able, they really could use a monetary donation. They are still serving the community with a drive thru system. If you are able to help, they can receive donations on Monday through Thursday, from 9 am-12 noon. They are located behind the Walmart on Route 31. In addition, there are opportunities to help at the Flemington Area Food Pantry. Here is the sign up link:
DELAWARE VALLEY FOOD PANTRY: The best times to deliver donations are before we open on: Wednesdays (from 1:00-1:45 p.m.) Saturdays (from 9:00-9:45 a.m.) Check donations may be mailed to: DVFP, P.O. Box 705, Lambertville, NJ 08530
Friends, First of all, thank you once again for an outstanding response to our request for a bed for a needy person. We got a great bed, sheets, pillow cases, blankets – everything needed, in a very short time. We do have a need for some food items right now: Black beans, Mac & Cheese, Fruit juices/drinks, Toothpaste, Deodorant, Shampoo, Snacks, Granola bars. Thanks, Joe
SYNOD YOUTH RETREAT 2020
The Synod Youth Retreat Leadership Team has been busy meeting and planning an AWESOME retreat for our youth! Anyone in grades 6-12 are welcome to join us for our virtual retreat, which will happen online due to COVID-19. Check out our new flyer, and here are some updates:
· Theme: God Is With Us
· What: Connect with youth across the state through large and small groups, music, worship, and our Faith Fair!
· Chaplains: This year we are excited to have a Chaplain Team that will be with us throughout the retreat.
· Cost: Free
· Friday, Nov. 20th from 7-9pm
· Saturday, Nov. 21st from 10-4pm (with lots of breaks and a lunch break)
· Saturday Night Worship
Registration: OPEN NOW until Monday, Nov. 2nd! Click here to register.
Please spread the word to your churches, youth, and any adults who are interested in helping out! Youth and adults can sign up this year individually, and all information is on the Google Form above. We are excited to have adults sign up as small group leaders and be with us to help guide our youth throughout the weekend, and our youth to join us for this weekend of connecting with one another. If you have any questions, please reach out! We are SO excited for this retreat, and have been working hard to make it an uplifting weekend for our youth.
Thanks everyone; be well! Your SYR Coordinator,